Please send your resume to [email protected]
Big Data Architect
FirstEigen is a Chicago-based Big-Data reconciliation and analytics company. - Our product assures ultra-fast Data Reconciliation for massive data-flows for Insurance, Banks and Healthcare organizations. - Our data scientists and analysts develop customized predictive tools using machine learning algorithms for clients. Our product, DataBuck, complements traditional data transfer tools (ETL) by eliminating inaccurate data from propagating. We Profile Data and assure Data Reconciliation between multiple instances of the same data for massive data-flows and perform 10x faster than any traditional tool in side-by-side testing. It ensures that the data on which analytics and/or compliance reports are based on are accurate. Our solution eliminates any significant investment in hardware as it needs an extremely small footprint to operate and can be run from the cloud. It also comes with pre-built models for outlier detection which no other product offers.
We are currently looking for a keen Big Data Architect to join our product development team. This team does exciting work in the area of highly scalable data platform services and data lake for data quality analytics. You will be building the automation and tooling to support retrieval and transformation of tens of thousands of externally sourced datasets. You will work in a team with highly qualified and accomplished data and software engineers to build, enhance, and maintain our data platform that supports our best-in-class products.
What you will do and achieve
- Develop the delivery of FirstEigen’s DataBuck product supporting ingestion of over ten thousand datasets..
- Work with the development to write big data modules to detect data quality issues in the ingested data.
- Participate in architecture, design and development reviews for data platform services leveraging best available big data tools and technologies such as Spark, DataBricks etc.
- Engage with cross organizational teams collaborating on Data Ingestion Services and Data Engineering to develop single consistent series of services and solutions.
- Works well with evolving requirements based on results of teams continuing investigation, development and customer feedback.
- Adhere to best practices around source code versioning, automated testing and dependency management.
- Investigate and resolve technical and non-technical issues, resolving critical incidents in timely manner and with a through root cause analysis.
Who you are
- B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 7 or more years of experience in software engineering.
- 2 or more years of experience with big data systems and cloud architecture.
Knowledge & Skills
- Big data architecture and systems, including distributed data processing systems (such as Spark or Dask), distributed data storage systems (such as Parquet or HDFS), low-latency data lake query architectures (such as Alluxio) and real-time streaming systems (such as Kafka).
- Data lake design strategies for metadata, ontology, governance, authorization etc.
- Test automation for data quality, data flow, and API endpoints.
- Data engineering techniques for big data, including data automation frameworks (such as Airflow or Prefect), metadata management (such as Amundsen) and process management strategies.
- Infrastructure management and automation, such as Kubernetes, Terraform and Chef.
- Cloud infrastructure management, ideally with experience in AWS, including both technical aspects, such as solutions architecture, and non-technical aspects, such as financial planning.
- Modern practices around agile development, release management, continuous integration, system reliability.
- Fundamentals of computer science and software engineering.
- Execute on a data platform strategy in collaboration with team members, architects, product managers and other groups across the business.
- Collaborate as significant individual technical contributor to meet overall team objectives and goals.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies, standards and protocols.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Big data: 2 years (Preferred)
- Spark: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote