… for cross-selling hospitality services
- A hotel chain wanted to identify customers (among a few million registered customers) who could be targeted using a marketing campaign for a holiday package.
- Representative sample of customers was used for developing and validating a logistic regression model, developed to predict response to a marketing campaign based on historical response data
- More than 100 transactional, demographic and response variables were used to predict response
- The variables that were effective in prediction included: Tenure, price of last package, supplements during last holiday, lack of infants in holiday group
- The top 3 deciles captured more than 60% of the responsive customers
- The marketing campaigns were targeted at these customers