… for a software company
- The client is a software giant having various set of products with large customer base. They wanted a customer-targeting process to identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
Propensity models developed for products using following factors:
- Product specific variables: count of licenses, price, types of licenses, renewal options, etc.
- Segment: Industry verticals, internally defined sub-segments, etc.
- RFMTR (recency, frequency, monetary, tenure, ratio) and sales factors
- Adoption Attributes: Innovators, Early Adopters, Early Majority, Late Majority and Laggards.
- Other Product Details: Competition product availability, Other products from the same companies
- PC Counts, Server Counts, Employee counts, etc.
A final target list shared with sales team, which included:
- Propensity model scores which can give affinity to buy a product for any customer
- Profile of customers for up-sell and cross-sell